Speedometer and tach problems

Help! I have a 2002 L300. The needle for the speedometer and tach are acting bizarre: Staying at 0 as I accelerate, then jumping up to my speed, then when slowing down staying in place. Sometimes both needles moving in unison, other times not. Is there a computer that controls this?

Reply to
Mollie

The speedometer and odometer get their data off the Class 2 vehicle data bus. It's possible that there's some kind of communications problem going on - a scan tool would likely be needed to tell you that - but it's also possible the instrument cluster is just busted.

Reply to
Robert Hancock