Stereo System of the Vue 1.0

I'm barrowing a Vue (1st Generation, I think its the first year they were out) and its stereo is great. Sounds like there are subs and the system can go to "infinity" or I can crank it up to "11" and the CD's sound clear and crisp even though I can feel every note.

I once read somewhere that the deck is available as a pioneer (same deck sold retail, Saturn just got it branded.) Call me weird, but I think I want that. I want to put this into my SC2

Do the Vue's have any extra amps? any suggestions? THX!

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

Likely they do have extra amplifiers. I was reading the shop manual for my '01 lw300 and saw that there were factory installed options for an 'up-level (iirc)' sound system that included booster amps, extra speakers and sub woofers. Just found this:

Enhancements

For added enjoyment on the road, a new advanced audio sound system is offered as an option. The system is composed of an 8-inch subwoofer, a

180-watt amplifier and six door-mounted speakers.
Reply to
Oppie

Since I know nothing about building a car audio system, where can I start? Also, How can I check to see if my parents Vue has this upgraded option, or if its standard. I found a CD that gets distorted by the system as well (Death Metal!)

But for the most part, for being a factory system, its not bad. Beats my SC2's quiet, falling apart, half burnt out tape deck.

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

If it's something you want to do yourself, start by looking at the Crutchfield catalog.

Otherwise consult with your local professional car stereo installer. All it takes is money and time.

btw- please don't be one of those a**holes going up the street at 2am with the car practically levitating on each bass note... Makes me want to grab for the 12 Gauge... and I'm *not* talking about wire.

Oppie (age 56 and yes, I have beome my father )

Reply to
Oppie

Only the stereos with the "Advanced Audio System" will have external powered rear speakers. On VUE models, the right rear storage well place is replaced with a sub-woofer and amp. On cars, the amp is bolted under the trunk top between the speakers. Advanced Audio packages two tweeters in the drivers and passenger windshield posts. The VUE doesn't have the "Advanced Audio" chrome badge on these tweeters that cars had, so you got to look for the extra speakers and sub.

Yes, I was told long ago that Pioneer did make "some" components for Saturn, one I know for sure is the 6 CD changer that went in the S-series center console.

Reply to
marx404

Amen to that brother,these morons in their 20s-30s are still doing that bass crap,must of missed out when they were younger,it's the white kids now too.

Reply to
teem

You mean those wiggers who like their ballin' music? Cheah. If you pass me I'll be listening to Rock, Metal, Death Metal or whatever loud. And if anyone has noticed, the Vue's with the advanced sound system are relatively quiet on the outside no matter how loud the music is on the inside.

I hate the trunk rattling gangsters.

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

Ok, I admit that I sometimes drive with Iron Butterfly or Led Zeppelin blasting - though never late at night and trying to be considerate of others. More often than not I wind up playing the learning tracks for the Acapella barbershop chorus I'm with. Now *that* draws a few strange stares...

Reply to
Oppie

(Never imagined Oppie listened to any of that...)

Confucius says "you don't want to listen to my music, why do I want to listen to yours." Ok Confucius didn't say that but I do. Most of the time I just listen to talk radio, when an annoying commercial comes on I tap mute. Sometimes I forget to unmute it... I'm not big on listening to anything anymore. Especially music unless its one of my mp3's. The things I listen to seldom, if ever, get played on the radio.

Reply to
BläBlä

Not that I'm a great fan of Barbershop singing, I prefer Doo Wop but never learned to properly sing harmony. Being with the acapella chorus is teaching me to do that. It's pretty tough but it is a good chorus. We have many of our singers travelling 20 miles (one way) or more to get to rehearsals.

if anybody is interested. I've been singing with my church choir for the last 5 years and a few years ago wanted to try something different. Barbershop singing is about as different as you can get.

A bunch of the guys in the chorus also sing with other groups. One group, the Westchester-Aires, has appeared many times on the David Letterman show (four guys singing absurd lyrics in barbeshop style). Another group, Classic Sounds, is a Doo Wop group (which drew me to the chorus originally) and has opened for some big time Doo Wop concerts like Johnny Maestro. Oppie - Bass (the vocal part, not the fish...)

Reply to
Oppie