sticky left/right shifting - 1999 SL1

Trying to help my buddy; his '99 SL1 has recently started getting difficult to shift left-to-right - like, between 1/2, 3/4, and 5/R positions on the shift pattern. I popped off the clip at the transaxle for the left-right cable, and it was still sticky, indicating it's not the tranny.

Any ideas? I'm not too familiar with these cars.

Thanks! Elijah

Reply to
elijahs

I see no one has replyed to you so I will give it a try. I am assuming you lubed the bushing that is at the stem of the sifter? If not try that first. I that doesn't work I would address the bushing it self. They are prone to failure. If that happens Saturn will only sell you the whole cable. That is a big cost. Now there are work arounds. I under stand that some wiper linkage bushings for Toyotas work for a fix on these. There are also people on the net (I think Ebay) that sell a replacement bushing.

The follow> Trying to help my buddy; his '99 SL1 has recently started getting

Reply to
nofalt