Strange auto purchase Question

Im really hoping some of you out there can help me here-

My g/f and I are moving back to the lower 48 from Alaska (reluctantly). I just drove back and she is finishing out an employment contract to end mid Sept.

She was planning to purchase a new vehicle when coming back down w/ bonus monies from her employer.

Hence no need to drive the '93 saturn back down the AK hwy, the highway horrible condition right now (especially between palmer and haines jct).

The car is in the paper and parked for sale right now, but w/ the "wonderful" economy may be hard to sell privatly, even though asking price is ony about 3 grand w/ studded snows and brand new summer tires.

Saturn of Anch. was contacted about taking it as a trade in there and even purchasing a new ion there but taking delivery in the lower

48....they laughed (not at the car, its in good shape...just at the method of purchase). I realize car dealers are independant businesses, but it was worth a try.

Does anyone know of something like this being done maybe even through a dealer that is in seattle w/ branches in AK (not necessarily having to be saturn)?

Or if anyone is looking for a '93 Saturn SW2 (Wagon)...140,000 miles,

30,000 on a brand new engine...fully serviced by saturn every 3,000 miles w/ all records... new studded snow tires, and brand new summer tires, never smoked in, 5 speed manual, great gas mileage, extremely reliable, and great on snow and ice (no rust... it's a Saturn and it's whole life has been in Colorado) Its on the Kenai pen. right now. E-mail if interested (cmc80437 at yahoo dot com), asking $2995.

...or any other polite suggestions related to trading it in and buying or taking delivery elsewhere? thanks -Billy

Reply to
billy hill

I don't think you'll ever get 3 grand for a 93 with 140k on it.

Reply to
BANDIT2941