Stuck Horn -- Help Please (96 SC2)

Hello,

Last night, while parked in my driveway, the horn on my 96 Saturn SC2 started blaring for no apparent reason. The key wasn't in the ignition, and it hadn't been driven for several hours. The only way I could stop it was to remove the fuse. Any ideas on why this happened or how to fix it? Thanks much!

Reply to
Bob

Are you the original owner? There was a horn issue with my 97 that got it replaced for free at the dealer - you might call and see if they can tell you by your VIN. ...just a thought.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Actually I don't have a clear idea. For my 97 saturn SL1, once I press that "horn" button of the keyless remote control, the car will be acting the same as you described. Maybe that's a clue. Just FYI

Reply to
depend

I have a `97 SC2 and had almost the same problem, but I was driving the car. I didn`t even touch the horn button. I was just driving and the horn started blaring. Luckily I was close to home. I disconnected the battery cable, didn`t know where the fuse was at that time. I did find and remove the horn fuse and started driving again. Later out of curisioty I put the fuse back in and the horn didn`t start up again. That was over a year ago and it hasn`t happenned again?? Dan

Reply to
Mason121

Almost always, this is the horn relay.

Tim.