Stupid question about tires

How likely are you to get a hole in your tires from running over a can of diet coke? My wife has had all kinds of holes in her tires, even after we put on a new set, and all I can think of is that she has been known to run over any stray cans which have fallen out of the recycle bin.

Reply to
Robert P.

Very very unlikely. Once in Tennessee IIRC I seen a driveway that was nothing but crushed pop cans. If I were you I would try to find the item inside the tire. I found a animal bone sticking in one of my tires. I've also seen fender nameplate trim from a older truck stuck inside a shredded tire. I also find plenty of nails and screws stuck in the treads. Havent seen a pop can take out a tire yet though.

Reply to
Blah Blah

There's no such thing as a stupid question, or so I tell my students (I'm a teacher). I do agree, it's highly unlikely. You could drive up a mountain of crushed cans of Diet Coke and not have a flat tire. Are there nails lying around your recycling bin? We've also had several flats, almost always turns out to be a nail or a screw in the tire. Always seems to happen to my wife, never happens to me!? It was especially bad after our roof was re-roofed, they SUPPOSEDLY picked up all the nails, but we found a few more in our tires...they actually dropped out of the underside of the roof during the months after the work was done, landed on the garage floor.

Have another look at the area where you park your car, see what's lying around.

Terry

Reply to
Terry

VERY unlikely! I've used my car to flatten cans intentionally before putting them into the recycle bin! It makes them quite a bit flatter than my can crusher does.

I've never had a problem whatsoever.

Now, I *WOULDN'T* recommend running over BOTTLES of diet coke!

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen