Sulfer smell from a 96 SL1

After we drive our Saturn for awhile ( maybe 10-20 minutes) we notice a sulfur smell coming from the engine compartment. We have taken it in to have it checked by our local dealer and they said it was the O2 sensor. We had this replaced but the smell is still there. Anybody out there having this same problem?

Thanks, Marc

Reply to
marc silva

Have you changed where you get your gas lately? Fuels vary in sulfur content and sometimes they leave deposits in the catalytic converters. There used to be an additive that you could add to the gas which helped to remove the deposits. This was for the 'rotten egg' smell of hydrogen Sulfide. Can't remember the name or maker of the additive though. Hope somebody else can elaborate on this.

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie