sunroof drains

Last year my sunroof on my 01 SC1 leaked. The dealer said the drains were clogged and allowed it to leak. After they cleaned drains and dried the headliner it was all set. They said to have it serviced every year. I can't even see any drains around the sunroof at all. Where are they and how do they service them?

Reply to
RAYMOND DAVIEAU

I'll try to discribe this the best I can. The track that the sun roof runs back and forth on has a gutter under it to catch the water. This pretty much runs all the way out to the corners of your headliner then the water is channeled into tubes which run down your pillars. They then travel down and drain out near your wheels. Do you need to service it every year? Um no unless you park under trees and leave it open or you dont shut all the way. If you keep it closed most of the time its very hard for anything big enough to clog it to get in there unless you have a gap. I've had 2 Pontiacs with sunroofs and the current one, 8 years old, has had no issues what so ever. The first one had a few issues but not clog issues. (disconnected tube and a pinched tube) Both would get covered with petals in the spring and leaves in the fall.

Reply to
BläBlä

the drains are on the corners of the sunroof frame. you must drop the headliner to see them. they are attached by plastic snaps(ties). it is common for the snaps to either break or come loose over time and the drain tubes will separate causing water to leak into your vehicle. the rear drain tubes are routed through your innner qtr panels and the front tubes go through the front windshield pillars.

Reply to
AUTOBODYSHOPOWNER