SW1 rear wiper circuit

I have a 1993 SW1 and the rear wiper motor does not get any power. I am using a Haynes manual to help me trace the wires going to the motor but for some reason the circuit for the rear wiper motor is missing. I guess they must have thought it was not important. If anyone has a factory manual could you tell me where it gets its power? Any help would be appreciated. Alex

Reply to
Alex Marcuzzi

Wow I look all over my manual in teh electrial diagrams and found no instance on the rear wiper motor or switch.. Where is this switch located?

You could also turn the key forward and test the wires comming out of the switch to see if the power is at the switch..

Perhaps the wiper motor is tied into another circuit. Perhaps the power truck relase or trun light?

Reply to
Joe Biadasz

I had the same problem. The SW is the only S model with a rear wiper. My guess is that Haynes used a diagram from a SL. It's a pain but you can trace it without the diagram. You may want to remove the steering column cover at look at the switch. Thereis two wires that run down the shaft and are soldered to two points on the body of the switch assembly. Mine broke right at the solder points. Some heat and a touch of solder and everything was working again.

Reply to
D V Brownell