Theft code for ebay stereo

My sister just got an 03 Ion with a CD player, I'd like to get her a factory stereo with cassette on ebay so she can listen to her ipod through a casette adapter, some come with the theft code and some do not, how hard is it to obtain the theft code for a stereo that doesnt come with one?

Thanks,

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Talk to your local Saturn dealer. Shouldn't be a problem if you have the VIN for the car, the serial number for the stereo -- and a receipt.

Reply to
Doug Miller

With my '96 SW2 I pushed buttons and made the radio produce a code, gave it to Saturn over the phone, and they gave me the activation code over the phone.

Reply to
Server 13

Right, I saw information on that somewhere. Can't remember whether it was in the owner's manual or the shop manual. Either way, it is supposed to be a deterrent to buying a stolen radio. Dealer should require some proof of legitimate ownership to give out the code.

Reply to
Oppie

True. I suspect that in my case, having the manual and making the radio disgorge its code before I ever called did the trick.

Reply to
Server 13