Thermostat problem on VUE

Last Friday I brought my 2002 V6 Vue to the dealership for a SES light on. They checked it out and found code P0128 on. This is the Cooler Thermostat (Cooler temp below thermostat regulating temperature). It is a 2 hour job to replace it so I made an appointment to have it repaired the next Friday. They told me there was nothing wrong with the thermostat. It was giving off a false reading. They also told me that the SES light would probably come back on before Friday. The next day I was driving down the highway and noticed that I had reduced power when I tried to accelerate (The reduced power light isn't on) The acceleration on the vehicle is just passible. OK for the city and getting on the highway at a reduced time but if I had to pass forget it. My question is if the SES turns on for a thermostat problem will the vehicle be working at a reduced level or do you think something else might be wrong. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Ron

Reply to
NiceRon

Bob Duncan