Tires for my SC2?

Anyone recommend where and what tires I should get for my Saturn? (And if you know, how much they cost you.)

Thanks!

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

What type of driving do you do (highway, city, or combined)? How many miles do you drive in a year? What type of Saturn do you have? Do you need tires that will provide good traction in snow? In rain?

Best thing for you to do is talk to a few tire dealers in your area and see what they recommend.

Reply to
Doug Miller

If you live in Ohio,I'd move soon to get some.I got Firestones above average tires,& make sure you get them rotated!,I let my last car -a ford contour go 7 the results were awful,tires get beat up on these so called light weight autos.

Reply to
teem

I am a BF Goodrich fan, been using Traction TA's for years, good in rain and dry weather, dont know about snow yet. marx404

Reply to
marx404

Ah yes, sorry I forgot to add this! I drive in city and highway, but mostly highway. I'd prefer rain grip, and possibly snow, as well.

Since I've only owned my car a year, I've put about 35,000 miles on it.

I have a 1997 Saturn SC2.

And I do plan on it, but I'd like to hear fellow Saturn owners opinions before I dive out into the market :)

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

Sounds to me like you need something with a good highway rain tread and a high treadware rating.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I replaced the 195/60 15's on my daugthers SC2 this spring with some with some 185/65 15's GoodYear Allegra's that I got over at Sams Club. They are but 3 tenths of a inch bigger in diameter and the slightly narrower tread together with its tread design provides supurb traction on wet/slick surfaces as I discovered when I put a set of Allegra's on my wifes car last fall. I tried them because the tread design looked like it would work will and they did.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

I had Dunlop SP Sport A2 on my old '99 SC2. The wet grip and cornering was outstanding.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I really liked the ContiExtremeContact tires on my '96 SL2. Can't remember what they cost.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Sweet, thanks!