trans leak

A friend developed a trans leak on his 1999 SL1 automatic around where the filter screws onto. He thinks it could of happened while driving on the freeway and hitting a rolling hub cap. I know the filter is under a lot of pressure but I was wondering if this might be a weak spot in the casting? Thanks for your input. ~Brian

Reply to
Brian