Transmission Jolt Saturn SL2

OK,

I'm hoping someone out in cyberworld can help me with this problem. I recently had my transmission and clutch rebuilt on my 1998 Saturn SL2, obviously manual. It is about 2K into the news clutch and tranmission, and already, I am feeling a very heavy jolt when I try to downshift. It is pretty violent, it actually jolts my body as if I had a bad tranny. I am not a "fun" downshifter. I may shift into second gear AT THE HIGHEST SPEED of 25 MPH. As of now, the clutch does not appear to be slipping, and the car does not give me the jolt unless I am at about 25 MPH. The problem concerns me though as I used to be able to do this fine. I have had this car for about 130 thousand miles. I drove the last clutch and tranny 128k MILES before it went. So I know I can drive one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am getting a little desperate. The thought of another $1600 bill at Saturn makes my stomach turn. Thanks so much.

David snipped-for-privacy@pobox.winthrop.edu

Reply to
garrisond2

Have you checked your motor mounts? That would be my first guess.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

I have the exact same problem, but my car is an AUTOMATIC transmission and has only about 30,000 miles. The jolt happens only when the car is downshifting, and only at slow speeds. The Saturn Service Center has been unhelpful at best, and obviously I'm not too happy. Please let me know if you solve the problem!

-Ryan

Reply to
rmjacobs