Trunk keeps opening

Hi, I have a 2004 L300. It's my third Saturn. I've noticed that, for no reason that I can determine, the trunk keeps popping open. It has the electric remote opener. Anyone else experiencing this? I don't know if there's a problem when I remotely open the doors, the signal gets screwed up and opens the trunk or what's happening. It's annoying at the very least. Thanks.

Reply to
rfdjr

I'd first check with your Saturn service to see if there are any known issues on this. (also

)
shows no TSB's related to trunk. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Any service like that online that is free to try / browse?

Reply to
GCC

I have two ION3s.

I think that they use the same key fob. I notice that my trunks open quite a bit "by themselves," but I can always trace it to the fob being in my pocket. It just seems that the trunk opening button isn't recessed quite as much as on my previous Saturns, and the range of the remote is a bit longer with the newer car.

Simple things first - are you accidentally opening the trunk with the fob?

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

I second that. The trunk never "opens by it's self" (2004 ION3) unless I am near the car. Like for example, I stop off at the grocery store and come out and find my trunk already open. I'm thinking that either I pressed the button accidently while putting my keys either in or out of my pocket. I have never come out in the morning to find my trunk open and this is probably because I have my keys in my hand up to my front door. So I am guessing it's an inadvertent button press rather than a "problem"

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

You can browse the titles of the TSB's for free. To get all the good stuff, you do have to buy a yearly subscription. $24.95/yr for the first vehicle and $14.94/yr for renewals and additional vehicles. In all, a pretty good deal. Free stuff is great but you get what you pay for...

Reply to
Oppie

Another possibility is that the OP's neighbor, or the guy he parks next to at work could be the cause. Perhaps that person's keyfob's code to open their doors is the same as yours is to open your trunk..... so every morning your neighbor unlocks his car to go to work, which pops your trunk, you come out 10 minutes later and find it open and no one in sight. I've had it happen twice that my unlock button on my key-fob would set off someone else's car alarm (and I tried it a couple of times to make sure I wasnt dreaming it)

Reply to
Wurm

I wonder what the chance of that happening is? I know there are a couple of people that post in here that are Saturn or GM dealership employees (at least one anyway for get his name though), maybe they can shed some light on this.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks