valve body assembly??

I have the old slam in reverse problem and figured on changing the valve body.. now saturn has changed the program and only change the whole assembly. Does the whole assembly come with switches/solenoids or is it just twice as much money for the heck of it???

I have an extended warranty program that pays half but am worried that they will not pay half of the whole assembly just the old valve body price which would turn my payment from 250.00 to 400.00 quite a large jump. thanks phil

Reply to
p_vouers

Have you tried the "reverse slam" fix posted here? Many claim it fixed their problem.

If you need the whole valve assembly changed, then they should cover half if that is the only part sold and that is what your warranty covers. Another option is a scrap yard unit. Find a donor with low miles if at all possible.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

I'd love to try the fix but my son just doesn't want to do it.. he just wants it fixed once and for all.. my guess is though that it is a problem that will return after x miles even with a new valve body assembly. I think he just wants to get it fixed while he's living at home for he has extra money until later when he moves out. My answer is.. try it you have nothing to lose!!

Reply to
p_vouers

Also it is a simple thing to do. All you need is a new spin on trans filter, 4 quarts of Dexron III ATF fluid, and a bottle of trans additive. Changing the ATF fluid and filter in S-series cars is actually a lot easier than changing the oil. You really do have nothing to lose and the cost will be about $25 and an hour of your time.

The "permanent" fix is to do regular maintenance and change that fluid and filter every 25 or 30K miles.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman