valve body bolts torque

I, anybody know the upper valve body bolts torue and tansmission cover bolts torque?

tanks Denis

Reply to
D. Gignac

valve body cover bolts 7.4 ft/lbs valve body to case 8.1 ft/lbs transaxle case to converter housing LONG bolts 21 ft/lbs "" "" SHORT bolts 18 ft/lbs transaxle connector bolt 27 INCH LBS transaxle electrical connector bolt 27 INCH LBS

this was from alldata.. for a 97 sl2 hope this give a little help. I would just sign up at alldata.com for your car.. it's only $25 for the year and has a wealth of info.

Reply to
p_vouers

Assuming you guessed the right car, what is the order you torque the bolts in so you dont distort or bind up the valve body?

Btw one should also mention to use a smooth motion on the torque wrench and not jerk on it. Also after you finish torquing the last bolt in the sequence you should return to the first bolt and begin torquing again.

Reply to
blah blah

Very good points. I didn't include the info for I really feel that he should get the manual or subscribe to alldata which gives all that info.. but I was in a hurry to get to work so I failed to include that in my message.

Reply to
p_vouers

I know what you mean.

Reply to