Vibration in my SW2...getting worse every day...

Hey all...anyone else have this problem?

I have a 97SW2 with about a million KM's on it...(OK...it's like

300k....)...and for the last 5K or so I have had an engine vibration that is getting worse. It is really bad at idle, but you can still feel it/hear it at cruising speed....I thought it might be the engine mounts, but I have discounted that with some gentle prying around the mounts with a pry bar. (This makes the vibration MUCH worse)...so....I am left thinking it might be a harmonic balancer....but before I get to dis-assembling...I'd like to hear your thoughts and ideas, and hopefully (for me) experiences on this.

The car is is pretty good shape otherwise, considering the mileage, I will need rear strut mounts soon, before I go insane from the squeeking...but it is still a good DD.

Thanks for your help!

Randy.

97 SW-2 94 Lumina APV
Reply to
WTP07

My 97SL2 used to eat the torque axis mount (TAM), located at the top of the engine in about 50k (miles). Vibration at idle, including door and dash rattles were one of its symptoms.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

definately sounds like motor mounts (TAM most possible culprit but check them all just in case).

marx404

Reply to
marx404