Vue instrument cluster

I have looked over the Vue and I tell you what, they really screwed themselves when they put that instrument pod in the center. I for one will not be going for my third Saturn ('93 SL2 and '99 SL2) this year. What on earth were they thinking. I know that there are several other cars that have this feature, but I need my speedometer just where it sits on my SL2 cars. No wonder why their sales are down.

gck

Reply to
Leicaman

Vue? ... you certain you mean the Vue? As far as I know, the Vue doesn't have a center instrument panel:

The ION on the other hand, does have a center mounted instrument cluster:
I originally had the same concerns. However after a long test drive (30 plus miles, the salesperson needed to briefly attend to another customer and told me to take my time :o) ), I found that it was very easy to adapt to. Having bought the car, now after only 350 miles, it's second nature and I don't even think about it. In fact I rather like it there as it tends to give the driver's area a more roomy feeling.

Bill Davis (1993 SL2, 2005 ION2)

Reply to
Bill Davis

You mean the Ion coupe, right? I do agree with your premise though. After 30 years of looking for the speedometer and tachometer in one place, I don't think I could ever get used to looking to the right to see how fast I'm going. The Ion is definitely off my wish list until the instrument pod goes back where it belongs.

Reply to
Gary Kirchherr

Reply to
john

I agree. In the ION, the center cluster just "feels right". It makes the small car feel roomy.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

I meant ION. Its hard getting used to those names. I still didn't buy one. I bought a passat instead, but I am keeping my trusty '99 Saturn SL2 as a my work car.

gk

Reply to
Leicaman