"Vue makes good sense for families"

Vue makes good sense for families By Ron Moorhead SPECIAL TO THE WASHINGTON TIMES Published June 8, 2007

Basic transportation no longer seems to satisfy most people. The hard facts of driving, comfort, safety and fuel economy have been the top items on anyone's mind recently. The mere fact that more and more owners are looking for value along with the creature comforts is reason enough to consider the 2008 Saturn Vue. The European-inspired exterior body design is only the precursor for what's to come once you slide behind the wheel of the Saturn Vue. Working with General Motors' European arm, Opel, Saturn has developed a vehicle that is nearly everything to all people as long as you want a crossover vehicle with plenty of room and has more safety features then ever before. The new exterior design is sleek and contemporary. The front end is accented by a bright chrome grille, contoured front bumper and an attractive, functional air intake opening in the lower fascia. Large gills inserted behind the front wheel add to the Euro styling. It is this combination with all these facets that lend to new attractive look for the new Vue. Our emotions are certainly important when considering our next set of wheels, but practicality most certainly overcomes us so that we can get more serious about our families' needs. This is where the new Vue shows its virtues. Under the stylish body sits a fully ridged platform that is the basis for an incredible number of standard safety features incorporated here. Keeping passengers safe in an accident is a priority we all strive to obtain. However, I think we all agree that is much better to avoid an accident if at all possible. With that in mind, Saturn engineers have incorporated a bevy of safety innovations that can help us avoid accidents in many ways. They begin with that rigid platform, which allows engineers to add a suspension system that offers both excellent handling characteristics along with providing superb ride comfort. This vehicle will soak up the irregularities of any bad road while providing the fun of a spirited drive down your favorite back road. A collection of safety features help the driver remain in control even if the unexpected is encountered. Four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes bring the vehicle to a quick and sure stop. If a deer happens to jump onto the road in front of you, General Motors' StabiliTrak electronic stability control will help to keep you in control in an emergency lane change. Of course, if the unfortunate happens, safety during an accident can greatly reduce or even eliminate injury to our loved ones. This is where the high-strength steel body structure helps by reducing intrusion into the passenger compartment. A collection of air bags help reduce injury, all of which are standard equipment on all Vue models. These include dual front, dual front side seat air bags as well as full head curtain air bags cover the front and rear seats. We all enjoy the ability to venture out to do many outdoor activities. The Saturn Vue provides a tow package that allows us to tow up to 3,500 pounds. This is plenty of capacity to tow a couple of personal water craft or motocross bikes. Another feature with the Vue is the stabilization system knows when you are towing a load and adjusts to help keep control of the vehicle in an emergency situation. And for RVers, the Vue can be flat-towed with all four wheels on the road, proving it is a true adventurer's vehicle. Contemporary styling combined with a comfortable interior and the advanced safety features make the Saturn Vue an easy fit into a family's active life style.

Reply to
Mike

Makes less sense when it cost more.

08' Made in Mexico MSRP: $20,770-$28,770 Invoice: $19,420-$26,900

07' Made in USA MSRP: $17,475-$23,710 Invoice: $16,339-$22,169

I bet some CEO's got a big bonus out of this...

Reply to
BläBlä

So will the next CEO when they bring it back to the US. Big US corporations are stupid that way. Their goal is to save money no matter what it costs.

Reply to
Gyzmologist