VUE Recall

Does anyone know what suspension part(s) will be replaced during the VUE recall?

Has anyone had the work done yet?

Howard

Reply to
Howard Slomer

I tried to have it done (see my "am I wrong here?" post). They told me they won't have the parts until late October. I'm wondering if I should even bother, I've already got 65,000 miles on my

2003 VUE, and I haven't flipped it yet. I'm just afraid they won't get it right. It's like Mark Twain said, "a good watch is only a good watch until the tinkerers get a hold of it." Scout

Reply to
Scout

correction: make that 55,000 miles

"Scout" wrote

Reply to
Scout

Can 2 adults and 3 kids fit in a Vue? Is there a big difference from the earlist Vue to a 2004 Model?

Reply to
ProfWdesk1

AFAIK, I have been told that Saturn has not completely decided on how to exactly fix the rear suspension issue, ergo, no VUES have been repaired from the recall as of yet. They are trying to figure out the best way to fix all of them.

Keep in touch with your Service mgrs to find out when this is going to happen. As far as if VUE drivers are in grave danger, the answer is - No, not unless you are driving like a maniac stunt driver and purposely try to maneuver your VUE to make it roll over as they did in the new NHTSA tests.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

We've put 5 adults in our 2003 VUE - but it was pretty tight in the back. Scout

Reply to
Scout

Does the Recall affect all VUE's or only certain years?

Reply to
ProfWdesk1

Yes, all VUES and thier goal to start fixing this is Oct. Hey, it's Oct, whaddya know? Well, should be soon anyways, keep up with your local deslership to find out when.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

My wife took our 2004 VUE in for an oil change Friday 12/10/04. When she came home, the windshield fluid was leaking from somewhere near the bottom of the resevoir.

THE GOOD NEWS: When she went back today (12/13), the dealer scheduled an appointment on 12/14 to install the VUE RECALL rear suspension parts. The dealer, Saturn in West Michigan, said the parts became available on 12/1/04.

They also will look at the leaking windshield fluid system. (I bet they nicked something when they changed the oil filter in the 4 cylinder ECOTECH engine.)

I do not know if earlier model VUE's will be recalled, but the 2004 is definately being "fixed/modified." I will let you all know what "new" parts I see on the rear end when the job is finished.

We do like our VUE, which is a FWD,CVT AUTO, 4 cyl ECOTECH. We have been getting 29++ on the highway!

marx404 wrote:

Reply to
psniadecki

On Dec. 6 I had my '03 V6 (33k miles) in for some noise I was hearing during right-hand turns. They replaced the Intermediate Steering Shaft which didn't fix the noise - I suspect it is actually a wheel bearing. Anyway, they also performed Campaign #04067001 - Replacement of Rear Lateral Link Assemblies (Link Kit 15249340 - 1.2 Hrs. Labor)

Reply to
Chuck

--- 12/15/04 UPDATE ---

My lovely wife just returned from a Saturn dealer in West Michigan. It appears my 2004 VUE was "fixed/modified" by adding a damping type part to the rear spring mechanism. It appears to prevent "excessive travel" of the suspension. It appears the part was installed inside the rear springs.

We are in the midst of "lake effect snow", so my review of the work done is limited. I will post more, later, if I discover any other "mods" to the 2004 VUE, which we like even more now!!!!!

--- signed PAUL with a VUE in West Michigan ---

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
psniadecki

[...]

bearing.

Chuck,

We have a 2003 Vue with 27000 miles. Rear end has been getting noticably noisier over the last couple thousand miles. Took in in to the dealer a few days ago and they think is has a bad rear wheel bearing. I will get it back to them for further diagnosis/repair in the next few weeks and will post here what the outcome was. We bought this vehicle new and it has not been abused.

Strat

Reply to
straturday

I "think" there is a VUE wheel bearing recall going on -- or so I seem to remember reading here.....

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Yeah, I had exactly the same problem but at around 16,000 miles. This seems to be a "feature" of this vehicle; many others have had the problem.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Talley