VUE squeaky window seals

I have posted messages here before about my problems with squeaks from the window seals. Saturn has replaced the seals on all 4 doors and after a few thousand miles the squeak returns on the driver door. A few thousand miles later the front passenger door and now the rear doors.

The only time this irritating noise goes away is when it is below freezing outside - not an everyday occurrence in the Seattle area. Saturn tells me that all the VUEs start to have this problem at 20,000 miles and that the noise is not a defect.

I want to ask one more time before I use the this state's lemon law - am I the only one with this problem or is every other owner of a VUE just dealing with it?

Reply to
Jerry

Have you tried either "Rain-X" or maybe "Glass Wax?" There are some anti-fog sprays that may work if they have a silicon or glycerin in them.

Actually, I have the opposite problem. Mine don't squeegee enough on raising them and lowering them due to humidity to effectively wipe them clean. The fogging up is more serious to me than squeaks as it happens so fast (always about miles from garage) taht I need to carry a terry cloth towel to wipe them while driving. Plus, my old car was so loose the wind would howl into the door jam. I'll take a squeak over any of the above. Least I know it's tight.

Just a thought.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg