Vue Timing Belt / New Bracket?

I am getting my stuff together to do the 100,000 mile stuff on my 2002 Vue AWD V6 - timing belt, plugs, etc... (I have 103,000 miles, if you are interested, and my overall opinion is... "I love it!").

The tech at Saturn said that he had been told by Saturn that... "Any time you do a timing belt on the Vue, be sure you replace the bracket!"

Well, that's all well and good, except the bracket costs $210.46 from Saturn. (Part number 24449772) Does anyone know why this has to be replaced, and why Saturn is so adament about it?

Your advice is appreciated.

--Glenn.

Reply to
PasTech