VUE windshield washer spray nozzle blowing out

I wonder if any other VUE owners are having a problem with the windshield washer spray nozzles blowing out. I've had my VUE back 4 times now to have nozzles replaced. I asked if Saturn is addressing the problem and the manager told me no, but that they would replace it under warranty, until the warranty expires, then it's on me. Scout "losing faith in Saturn"

Reply to
Scout

Blowing out how?

Is there dirt floating around in your washer fluid bottle? It would have to be blowing out because of a restriction I would think.

Reply to
Blah Blah

The nozzles seem to be just pressed into a small well. They last a few months and then, while using the washer fluid, you'll hear a "tink" on the windshield and it's the nozzle, forced out of the well, and bouncing off the windshield. I don't know if I'm the only one this is happening too, I was wondering if the design didn't provide enough friction (around the well) to hold in the nozzle. Dirt is always a possibility. I never use anything other than Rain-x (pink) windshild fluid. Perhaps it's too viscous? Scout

Reply to
Scout

Rain-x could be softening the plastic or something.

Reply to
Blah Blah

Reply to
tony

Happened to me too (I don't use Rain-X). Pretty sad if they don't have a permanent fix for this simple problem! Taking it back to the dealer soon to fix this and the LF wheel bearing.

Reply to
Chasberry

windshield

Saturn recently replaced my driver-side nozzle (barely still under warranty). Passenger side promptly popped out just out of warranty. I just purchased 2 replacement nozzles ($7 ea. - yikes!). Rather than pulling the cowl off to replace the entire little goose-neck assembly - just to have the center nozzle blow out again - I whittled-down the outer 'holder' until the keyed nozzle came loose. I then inserted the nozzle half-way into the existing goose-neck, sparingly applied some crazy glue around the perimeter and pushed the nozzle home. Hopefully this will be a permanent fix.

Reply to
Chuck