Warning light---what is it?

Okay I'm new to this group and to Saturns. My son bought a 2001 L200, (automatic with about 86,000miles) in Dallas and when he moved to NYC it became mine. There is a warning light that has now come on about 3 times and I can't figure out what it is. It is rectangle with what looks like a down arrow and a wavey line on the bottom of the rectangle. I'm assuming its a fluid warning light, but can't find anything. Oh, did I mention no owners manual and I can't find anything online with a picture. Help....feeling stupid!

Reply to
Sat2001

check your radiator fluid immediately, thats what that symbol is for, low coolant. Check the resivour container to see if theres anythig in it, if not, you need to put the proper coolant in it. I believe its the orange cooolant for that year. If your not sure, bring it to a shop and have them check it out for you. If its just low and nothing's leaking, it shouldnt be expensive.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Reply to
Sat2001

imho:

From your description, it sounds like a coolant reservoir level warning light. If you aren't comfortable with checking it yourself, safely, then have some technician check it for you.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

I had a 2001 L200 that had a coolant leak into the engine. I brought to a dealer in Bergen County many times and they didn't find anything. Fill it up with a smile one rep did, He no longer works at that dealership. I then tried a dealer in Morris county and they found a major leak into the engine. It was under a warranty at around 45000 miles. Mucho dinero otherwise. Wow!

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John