What a Difference in Road Noise! -L300

I have an L-300 with the sports suspension package. One of my few dislikes has been the excessive road noise. Well, the Affinity tires finally wore to the replacement point (~35,000) and I replaced them with a set of Dunlops. Wow, what a difference! My L-300 is now as quiet as my wife's Maxima.

Reply to
Rudy Garcia

From: Rudy Garcia

You've learned what some of us have already, (and what the honest salesfolk will tell you) Firestones blow! Our 2002 LW300 made 24K before wife was scared of car in rain. Now have Michelins and are much happier. They must be getting a heck of a deal on them Firestones.

Pete Geurds Douglassville, PA

Reply to
Pete Geurds

Some day I will need to replace the tires on our L300... that time is a ways off, though - we killed the first set in 24k miles due to the rear suspension issue, so they replaced all 4 tires with new ones... more Affinity's... oh well - after getting the suspension repaired (to address the alignment issues which '00-01 and possibly later L series cars had) it's a bit quieter with the new tires... It's my wife's daily driver, and she likes it, so they are going to be on there for a while...

Reply to
David & Caroline

I had a '97 SW2 with those noisy Firestones and replaced them at 38k miles with much quieter Goodyears. I traded the car in six months later for an '01 SW2 and had the dealership swap out the new Firestones with the Goodyears. Yeah, I wonder why Saturn corporate is sticking with them for so long.

r.b.

Reply to
rb