Wheel alignment question

Hi all...

My 1992 SL1 may have some alignment issues following a tie rod end change. I say "may" because I'm not quite sure but would like to doublecheck this myself. Looking in the Chilton book, it says the toe has to be set for 0.2 inch positive (0.1 inch per wheel). OK now, where is that 0.2 inch measured? I would assume that it would have to be measured 7 inches from the hub center towards the front of the vehicle but the book doesn't specify that. The caster and camber is shown in degrees but toe is shown in inches. Any ideas?

thanks

Reply to
navaidstech

Many shops will check alignment for free.

Reply to
Art

Hi i just replaced my tie rod ends two days ago. pretty sure its measured from front of tire to back of tire, so it would be about .100 in. within

24 inches.
Reply to
justastreekin

OK, so are we talking the difference between the front edges vs. rear edges is supposed to be 0.4 inches then? And I assume that the measurement is made based upon 14 inch diameter, correct?

justastreek> Hi i just replaced my tie rod ends two days ago. pretty sure its measured

Reply to
navaidstech

From front of tire to back of tire, one wheel mesurement is .100 , total toe in of both wheels .200 check out

justastreekin