Where is EGR valve Saturn SL1 95?

Hi I posted a query a little while ago about my Saturn SL1 1995 stalling. I had changed the fuel filter. The advice I also got suggested the EGR valve too.

Where is the EGR valve in relation to the throttle body (which I have cleaned before)? I wonder if I should be able to clean or replace the EGR myself?

Symptom: I was driving on the highway 100Km/60mil, gear 5 (standard),

2000rpm, when I felt the car lurch a little (familiar to me when I stalled before). I pulled off the highway at the next exit, geared down to 3rd on the off ramp, geared down to 2nd, and the car began to stall. I pulled over, and idled for about 5 sec then the car stalled. I waited for 2-3 min, then restarted the car, which sputtered for a bit.... I pressed down on the accelerator and rev'd the engine up to 3500 rpm. The engine took and seemed fine thereafter. This was last evening, and the car drove well this morning.

Is the EGR the part to focus on here?

I would rather save some $ if this is a simple maintenance job that I can do. Any suggestions?

Cheers, Roger

Reply to
Roger Ehrlich - Alumni-2004

If you are standing in front of the car, it is located to the upper left of the battery. It is the "linear" style which means it is electric so you should look for a small, silver can about 3" in diameter attached to a bracket. I have read about people cleaning these buggers but I think they eventually fail either way. They are VERY expensive and fail often. I would buy a new one and keep the cleaned on in the trunk just in case..... Good luck.

Reply to
sssauerb

are you getting the service engine soon light?

Reply to
KentS