where's my horn

Have a 97 SC2. The horn started to make what sounded like "I'm getting sick " sound. That lasted for a week or so, then it quit working altogether. I checked fuses and relay, all ok. Decided to replace the horn with a new one. I can't find the bloody thing. Anyone know where its mounted? Thanks Joe

Reply to
Joe Byrne

I think it is under the front right wheel fender liner???

Reply to
Oppie

That's ok, the one in my '97 SL1 sounds pretty gay... Went to the junk yard and pulled two, one from a '77 LTD and one from a 90 somthing Dodge dually. I figure I'll splice those two together and shock the $#!+ outta some old fart next time they cut me off.

KAM.

Reply to
Madmax

Reply to
Shawn

Remove driver's side headlight assembly and there it is.

Reply to
robxr4ti

If I remember correctly my '02 SC horn is placed far down under the headlight assembly (drivers I think???) it was a b*tch to get to. Dont replace it with the OEM, the placement of the horn on SC series allows for moisture to get into the horn giving it a strangled goose sound. Goto the local parts store and pick up a FIAMM Freeway blaster oem replacement (about $10.) It is much louder and better made. The oem is FIAMM anyways, why not get a better version? :-)

marx404

Reply to
marx404

What year and model Saturn do you have? My son's '96 SL2 has the horn mounted behind the left front inner fender.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart