Wipers stopped working...

The wipers on my 95 SL2 stopped working, so I replaced the fuse, which was bad. The wipers are working, but they aren't working like they're supposed to. They are wiping very slow, and kinda "jerky-like" regardless of what setting they're on. Anyone know what this means?

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Brigitte J.

Reply to
Brigitte J.

The wipers on my 95 SL2 stopped working, so I replaced the fuse, which was bad. The wipers are working, but they aren't working like they're supposed to. They are wiping very slow, and kinda "jerky-like" regardless of what setting they're on. Anyone know what this means?

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Brigitte J.

Reply to
Brigitte J.

Sounds like maybe the wiper drive is getting stiff (the monkey motion between the motor and the blade arms). On my daughters 93 the linkages used to stiffen/seize up and cause them to wipe very slow. Long enough on and the motor would get hot and the fuse would blow. WD40 was a temporary fix to get them going again, but it continually got worse, less time between fixes. I eventually bought a new drive assembly and replaced it.

Reply to
Mike

Thanks Mike...

Reply to