XM Raido and My 2007 Saturn ION....

All, I have a 2007 Saturn ION that I have been very happy with and I now wish I included the XM Radio with its purchase. My questions and dilemmas are as follows;

1) As my 2007 Saturn did not have XM Radio when I bought it, is there a way to activate/install/buy a XM Radio that I can use the Factory Installed Radio.

I would even consider replacing the current Factory Installed Stereo to another Factory Installed Saturn ION XM Radio Unit if that is possibility. Does anyone know where the XM receiver is located in the car? Is it part of the Stereo or is it a seperate receiver somewhere in the car?

2) I would also like to have XM radio in my house to listen through my home stereo and would like, if possible, to have a portable unit for hikes etc.

The big issue is cost of the different receivers and subscriptions for each. What have others done? Has anyone used a portable unit and tied it in through the auxillary ports in the car stereo head unit?

Just looking for ideas or suggestions.

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Solomon_Man

These guys specialize in wiring harnesses like that -

You might alternately find a suitable XM Saturn factory unit at a wrecking yard, but don't forget that these radios are electronically paired to the BCM - you would need to get a dealer to reprogram the car to work with the new unit.

Reply to
bo peep