13 reasons to move to StudeFolk now!

Need any more reasons to escape this cross-posting idiot from hell? Head on over, guys.

zoombot

and one good reason to NOT go there.... you must join google groups as a member and be subject to THEIR spam in your mailbox and not in the NG....

Sorry but all is see this doing is causing one more split in a group and distracting folks. I'll stay right here.

Reply to
Lee

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

I have access to the "ban user" button since I started the group.

Reply to
zoombot

Reply to
Transtar60

Lee, I am a subscriber to a Google group, (G3,G4 & G5 List by Low End Mac), and have never received any spam as a result even from Google which is the opposite should you subscribe to a Yahoo group.

Me too!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Or everyone here could just block him and it's as if he never existed. I did shortly after he showed up and I don't see one of his posts. The last thing we need is yet another forum.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

funny, I OWN a Yahoo group and moderate 2 more and IMO, if ANY group gets SPAM, the group OWNER is an idiot in setting it UP. I have NEVER gotten any spam. EXCEPT in 1 circumstance.. and that is its an OPEN group-ANYONE from ANYWHERE is allowed to post ANYTHING.. that is easily stopped cold, IF they bother to do so.

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Outlook Express - click Tools, click Message Rules, click Blocked Sender's List, click Add, copy and paste his e-mail, click OK - DONE. He's invisible from that point forward.

Reply to
Kevin Wolford

Damn, what an annoying post to read with the capitol letters making sure you got your point across... I don't think any of us need to be lectured to in a condescending tone like you did in that post. We get it, CAPITOL LETTERS YELLING.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Capital.

Reply to
comatus

Lee.. You won't get any spam from Google in your mailbox. I have been using Gmail for several years and I am amazed at how good their spam blocker and filter is. 'If' I go look at my spam junk file there's TONS of stuff in there, but I don't get any of it in my mailbox. Whatever you are using for your e-mail needs to have it's spam blocker on, active, and updated. I think that blocking the idjit's is the best method. Too many forums have definitely divided my limited attention span. The more forums there are, the less I care about any of them. Jeff

"Lee" wrote...

Need any more reasons to escape this cross-posting idiot from hell?

Reply to
Jeff Rice

whatever

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Well... I ask a simple question... What is/was wrong with the other Studebaker newsgroup on Google? (ref:

)If cross posting and spam is bad, then look at what is posted on this Studebaker newgroup and tell me how a new Google Studebaker newsgroup is going to prevent it?Not trying to be a smartass, but from my viewpoint blocking the cross poster is easier than starting up new forums and following them across the Internet desert like nomads. Now, if there is better content and more interesting stuff there... I'm all for it. But it takes 'us' to provide content.

200 forums with ten poster's in each one will never replace two forums with a thousand each. But I will visit and read and hope I am proved wrong. Best of luck. Jeff

"zoombot" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

HEY, thats the reason I moved to Yahoo.. NO SPAM.. if anyone bothers to read the fine details.. but previous posters are pushing Google SO HARD..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Reply to
Karl Haas

________________________ That's deuced odd, Karl, you always struck me as an MI-6 sort.

I shall pass on the message next time the old Marconi's warmed up.

Reply to
comatus

Reply to
Karl Haas

I use OE and that is what I did to the troll. Now he and several others on this 7 other groups don't exist for me. I don't miss 'em! Barry'd in Studes

Reply to
Barry