170 to 200R4 adaptor

Anyone have for sale an adaptor to swap in a 200R4 with the stock 170 in my 53?? Tried most all vendors just waiting for a reply from Meyers all the rest no go.Hudson Hornet 308 cu in........

thanx

Reply to
stuuder

Might be easier to swap in a Hudson 308. Hope you find what you want. You probably want to increase speed and lower the rpm's right? Get in touch with Bill Cathcart. He's the flat 6 guru. He may have something or if the market calls for it could come up with it. jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim

yup, Bill no have, well I did stuff a 472 &turbo 400 in my

55............:-)a friend of m> >
Reply to
stuuder

I did this in my 90 Avanti 4-door and installed the 700-R4 in my 64 Avanti. Granted, there are several vendors that supply the adapter for those applications, but the transformation of the cars with a 4- speed overdrive transmission was dramatic. I hope you can either purchase one or, if necessary, modify one to fit your six. It's a great way to greatly improve the performance and enjoyment of an old car. If I never went on a freeway, it may not be needed, but alas, that's not practical these days.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Rich

Richard Morris Renton, WA

Reply to
Rich

xxxx That 200-4r tranny has the BOP pattern and a .67:1 overdrive lock up and your 170 will suffer with that ratio. Why do you want an automatic when Stude had the 3 speed manual with .7:1 overdrive? That would be the most efficient set up for your car.

Reply to
SMITH29

Reply to
stuuder