1937 STUDEBAKER-PRESIDENT-TOURING SEDAN

Hi All, There is a 37 President on Craigs List out of the San Francisco listing. Seems to be a bit rough for the price he is asking ($16.5k), but I thought I would share it with the group.

Here's the web page address.

Work continues on my 39 CE. Lots to do but enjoyable. I have a replacement Commander engine and frame coming my way soon so I can really get into the project.

Anyone have pros or cons to share about having the body media blasted?

Thanks, Allen

Reply to
Allen Siekman

That sounds a little high but it looks just like the one I just bought only it is in better shape than mine. Here is a picture. I think I have every thing for it to be put back together. I am missing the rear bumper but I think that is it I'm really exited about it . It is my first pre war Stude.

Reply to
Jerry

Thanks for sharing.

Yet again, good deals can be found on Craig's List but OTOH, incredibly bad presentation abound as well. Craig's listings are free as are PICTURES which many of the clueless seem to ignore.

Regarding media blasting... Just be very care on who you have do it. An inexperience blaster can quickly ruin body panels beyond repair. Not as big as a risk with an older unit such as a CE but a real hazard for modern tin...

Good luck with your project!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I really like the mid 1930's sedans. Could be awesome Jerry!

JT

Jerry wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

If you can find someone who does Soda Blasting it seems to be preferable to Media Blasting. The media is biodegradable so does not end up everywhere forever. I've even had it used on fiberglass with good results. MikeW

Mike Williams

I've seen excellent examples of media blasting and a few examples where (after blasting) you could see the outlines of every brace, stiffener etc. Modern tin is real risk to big damage by incompetent blasters.

A good job saves a lot of heartache later though..

JT

Mike Williams wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I hope so JT now all I need to do is finish the 57 Silver Hawk and sell it to fund the 37.

Reply to
Jerry

Yessir, we're all diseased... Should be put in isolation then sent to "re-education" camps so that we would be content with driving modern econo boxes, watching the proper channels on the TeeVee and you know...

NEVER!

JT

(Who has his eye on a two door '62...)

Jerry wrote: