1951 gas tank color ?

What color is the gas tank supposed to be for a 1951 Champion ? Thanks, David

Reply to
VWandSTUDEBAKER

Robert Black

I think a spray with cold galvanizing paint will probably come closest to matching the factory appearance.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Reply to
Studebaker George

Reply to
mbstude

So you are saying the original color was a silver'ish or bare metal instead of black ?

No George, the DiscoBakers didnt get me working on the 51 again. I had the tank at the radiator shop long before those came along and I had just not gotten to the place to pick it up. Its now sprayed down with Osphos and waiting for the weather to dry up again. Then I will paint it what color is close to the original.

But then, the DiscoBakers did kind of want to make me cut the roof off and go cruzin' :) David (more of the purist) Engle

Reply to
VWandSTUDEBAKER

I can't say that for sure for a '51 but some of the later cars I have worked on have not had a painted gas tank (until I painted them...)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Load it up; I'll borrow Mikey's plasma cutter....by bye roof in no time at all... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Reply to
oldcarfart