1964 Daytona Bucket Seats

I'm thinking about buying a Daytona HT with a bench seat in it. I would like to install bucket seats if I buy it. Are the GT Hawk bucket seats the same as those used in the Daytona? If they are the same, does the swap require using the GT mounting hardware or is there another way to mount them in the Daytona?

Richard NT SDC

Reply to
jem0mej

GT buckets will work, but you'll need a Lark bucket floor plate.

snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

The pleats on the '64 Daytona buckets run "east-west". IIRC the Hawk pleats run "north-south". If you're not planning to re-cover the seats, it may look a bit strange.

I'll save JP a reply here... He has some nice covers for the seats.

Jim Bradley

'64 Daytona HT ?Rerun? snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net Remove HAT to reply

snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Reply to
Jim Bradley

Maybe that's why the Daytona buckets seem more comfortable than the Hawk buckets. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

The '62 GT seat pleats run east-west. jf

Reply to
jerrystudebaker

Reply to
jem0mej

Usually off a parts car and sold with the buckets since the seats are worthless without it.