350 c.i. Studeaker

Anyone here ever punch a 289 c.i. block to 350 c.i.. and have it hold together? I have always heard that the Studebaker 289 is about the same size as a pontiac 389 so why not?

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

There's a 330+ cid Stude V8 running right now an the drag strip built by Tom Covington near Richmond, VA. You can read about it on the Racing Studebakers forum over at:

reading..350cid???... Where do you get that number from?Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I thouight it would be kind of cool explaining the 350 c.i. Studebaker engine at the gas station but it sounds like it is beyond the range of reasonable limits.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

You could punch it out to a 302 and label it a 5.0 to make the Mustang boys have a conniption.

Reply to
zoombot

Those guys are already confused enough with our 289's .

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

I suggested that once on the blow through newsgroup and got banned for life by DD .... Jeff (and damned proud of it ) Rice

You could punch it out to a 302 and label it a 5.0 to make the Mustang

Reply to
Jeff Rice