4 speeds for South Bend.

Anyone need any 4 speeds hauled to SB. I have early and late patterns $350 each.

Reply to
John Poulos

Any close ratio?

Ted

Reply to
tedharbit

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
John Poulos

Ted,

I've been talking to a gentleman who is bringing an early bellhousing pattern trans, so there's a good chance it might be close ratio. I was kind of interested in all the other stuff he had (driveshaft, clutch linkage etc.) I figured if I got the other stuff for a good price I'd buy one of JP's late, wide ratio gearboxes (want to keep a numerically low rear ratio for the highway, and I'm building a driver not a race car)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Reply to
John Poulos

The ones with the ring around the input splines is the wide ratio. No ring = close ratio. Nate, the wide and close ratio have the same 1 to 1 final ratio. It's the first, second and third gears that are different ratios. But most guys would like the wide ratio for normal driving for the better first gear start, especially if they have a 3.31 rear.

Ted

Reply to
tedharbit

yup, that's exactly why I want it, running a 3.31:1 right now and will probably stay with that or else a 3.54:1.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel