54 V 8 overheating

On a "brand X" w/AC, I removed the standard fan and put an electric fan in front of the condensor. If the car go hot, a spritz from my water system (W/S sprayer) would result in an almost-instant drop of coolant temp. Two 8 or 9" fans should you for your car.Water needs refilling seldom. This was in San Jose

Gotta go. Karl

S2DSteve wrote:

Reply to
midlant

On a "brand X" w/AC, I removed the standard fan and put an electric fan in front of the condensor. If the car go hot, a spritz from my water system (W/S sprayer) would result in an almost-instant drop of coolant temp. Two 8 or 9" fans should you for your car.Water needs refilling seldom. This was in San Jose

Gotta go. Karl

S2DSteve wrote:

Reply to
midlant

On a "brand X" w/AC, I removed the standard fan and put an electric fan in front of the condensor. If the car go hot, a spritz from my water system (W/S sprayer) would result in an almost-instant drop of coolant temp. Two 8 or 9" fans should you for your car.Water needs refilling seldom. This was in San Jose

Gotta go. Karl

S2DSteve wrote:

Reply to
midlant

On a "brand X" w/AC, I removed the standard fan and put an electric fan in front of the condensor. If the car go hot, a spritz from my water system (W/S sprayer) would result in an almost-instant drop of coolant temp. Two 8 or 9" fans should you for your car.Water needs refilling seldom. This was in San Jose

Gotta go. Karl

S2DSteve wrote:

Reply to
midlant

On a "brand X" w/AC, I removed the standard fan and put an electric fan in front of the condensor. If the car go hot, a spritz from my water system (W/S sprayer) would result in an almost-instant drop of coolant temp. Two 8 or 9" fans should you for your car.Water needs refilling seldom. This was in San Jose

Gotta go. Karl

S2DSteve wrote:

Reply to
midlant

A shroud on the Lark works unbeleiveably well. It doesn't look like it should work but there is alot more airflow behind the fan then without it If the shroud were used on all the OHV6's maybe there would have been fewer head problems. If you look at most newer vehicles they also have flexible curtains on the sides of the radiator extending forward to trap the air entering instead of letting it go around the radiator. I think something like these on a Lark might make some difference. For my AC installation, I also have a 6 blade fan too; noisy yes, but it moves alot of air.

Reply to
Paul Villforth

Steve,

Those flaps are still in place on my Hawk and I too am using a smaller pulley on the water pump and fan. I am building a '54 coupe and I'll remember to remove the A-arm flaps as you suggest.

Jack

Reply to
jack767