55 Stude sill plates

Does anyone have a set they would sell to me? Need some badly and can't seem to find any. Think any CK would work even Hawk hopefully. Thanks. Dave.

Reply to
Dave

I was told that SI has bought the rights to produce more repros but they have not started production yet. Maybe Ed could tell you some idea of timeframe on this project.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Who would one buy the rights from Nate? Certainly Studebaker could no longer hold them. I am curious.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

I am not sure, whoever was making the last run of repros. I want to say Bill Fennessey but I may be mistaken.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I have always been told that 53-58 were the same for all C/K. I once had a 58 Hawk that had the narrow ones so I am thinking 58 might have been a transistion year, some with wide and some with narrow. The wide ones will actually fit the later year hawks but they would not be correct. The 2 door sedans are shorter as I had a 57 with a brand new set on it but they were short. The part number stickers were on the back and they were for sedans. If I remember correctly they were around 3 inches short of the C/K ones

Reply to
UncleMiltie

I just remembered, Fennessey had some earlier sill plates at SB, maybe one of those could be cut to work? they looked nice but were ribbed instead of embossed with the dot pattern and "studebaker" lettering. Would be OK for a driver, not so much for a correct resto show car.

nate

UncleMiltie wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Thanks for the info guys. Anyone have any 53-58 ones that are in decent shape? Thanks.

Reply to
Dave