61 Hawk for sale

Will be listed in the Thrifty Nickel/American classified starting tomorrow. It's in Central Texas. L.D.

Reply to
L.D.

satdoc2 via CarKB.com

I finished rebuilding it in 2000 and have about 9000miles since. New paint window rubber and all upholstery inside. That 298 was completely rebuilt, not overhauled or freshened up. The 3 speed OD trannie was also gone through. I installed AC that cools good. NOW,-- I was reluctant to put this car on this NG because folks seem to bash them when they are not correct. The white paint isn't Studebaker, upholstery not from Stude vender, etc but it looks very nice and it looks its time. Chrome wasn't redone. In other words it isn't a show car but it is a very good looking daily driver that I take to a lot of cruise in/shows and it always gets lots of attention, more than most there. The price is $9750 and I would consider trade for a Champ pickup or Model A. If you are interested in this non correct Hawk I will send photos. L.D.

Reply to
L.D.

Wow-

I don't perceive the newsgroup as being hard on a non- stock , non- standard car. We have a LOT of hotrods, non standard modifieds and strictly stock restorations here.

As far as somebody commenting that something is not "right" or a particular car - well ............ I think that's more for the benefit of folks that are familiar with these old beauties.

Far as I am concerned- if you can get it down the road, and you like it- then it's a nice car.

I sure like Dave's Sheba and Jeff Rice's Yellow CE and OCF's wagon with a

454 in it.

And I got no use for anybody putting negative comments out there about somebody's pride and joy.

There is a place for concourse restorations and Survivor authenticity, but I personally don't think anybody here is into denigrating any of the member cars.

Have you got any pictures ?

Mark (maybe I am naive........Or maybe just insensitive) Dunning

Reply to
Mark Dunning

Reply to
oldcarfart

On May 30, 5:09 pm, oldcarfart wrote: We have as a group some of the biggest dickheads ever outside of the

I can't speak for the corvette guys, but the vintage T-bird bunch are the absolutely tightest wound buncha joiks to ever drive on the right side of road!!!!!!

Reply to
zoombot

Reply to
Barry

Mark...here's my opinion on your comments...100% bang right on the money...All the cars and trucks here,owned here,built here, are cool rigs with some interesting stories that go with them...I enjoy reading and seeing them all...

At almost 60 I can remember driving in many of them...Carb on my father's 1/2 truck,(1952 ford)got messed up broken spring and we were next to a farmer's hay field 40 miles from home...So Dad (no mr.fixed around motors either)cut some twine of a hay bundle there and tied it on the carb in a way that got us back home...You could never do that today with the cars sold now...

Now off topic some...

So now that I think on it these older cars/trucks, have many memories that help us go back to a slower time with family that we don't have today...Something changed for the bad side of us all when a group planned and killed John F Kennedy in 1963 and got away with it...Who got the roof taken of his limo?...

The foundation of the governments today are built on some of those lies...Well...In my opinion...

Lansing

Reply to
Lansing Small