62 289 block

question for all you knowledgeable people.. is there any interest in 62 full flow complete engine blocks? I got 1 and unless son in law changes mind, got 2, both stuck, condition totally unknown..bought the vehicles that way, and never bothered to dig into them if they are NOT , then they are going to be sold as scrap.. if you say they are worth storing-then I can.. (potential future demand for someone)

--Shiva--

** Posted from
**
Reply to
me

I would definitely hold on to (both of) 'em.

Store them in such a way that they can be torn down when convenient. Heads probably can be refurbished without a lot of hassle, Crank/cam probably are fine.

If the pistons are *really* stuck, use a rod to pound 'em out after inverting the block for a week or so with the cylinders filled with water. YES, plain ol' water or diet Pepsi/Coke.

I've loosened numerous stuck engines by soaking in plain water.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

If they are in fact 289s even if you get no takers for the complete assemblies save the cranks. they ain't making any more of them...

nate

Not to mention the rare & desirable full-flow blocks!

Reply to
Barry

actually come to think of it if you "part" them I'd be interested in a set of rocker shafts and pushrods for cores to be rebuilt. I didn't have any when I put my engine together so I used old ones as is.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel