62 Lark Daytona 6 cyl.

What is the total coolant capasity in a 170 CI 6 cyl Lark. In the radiator, the block, the hoses, and heater core. I do not need all of this broken up, I just need to preplan for a flush and refill. Also when re-installing the lower water drain plug on the back of the block, do you use pipe thread, plummers putty, black pipe sealant or nothing at all? Please advise. Thank you !

Reply to
58packardwagon

If it is threaded I would use teflon tape. It will make a good seal and will make taking it out 20 years from now a lot easier.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 343 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
blacklarkviii

I absolutely love the marketing genius behind 50/50 anti freeze.

Regular anti freeze $7.77 gallon

50/50 anti freeze $5.99 gallon

Amazing......................

"RoadRaceLark" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

If you can wait for an answer for about 8 hours I will look it up in my 61 Lark owners manual. On the rear drain plug you can use the newer teflon pipe sealant paste. Depending upon how long the plug has been in the block, you may want to replace it. Look for a brass hex head plug if you can find one in that size.

Paul V

Reply to
Paul Villforth
11 quarts for cars w/o heater, 12 quarts with heater
Reply to
Paul Villforth

$2.10 per gal. for water? Yeah, I think that's a good marketing ploy.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

You, sir, are one smart, parsimonious Studebastard! Jeff (member since 1961) rice

"Jerry Forrester" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Thanks, I guess.