63 GT Hawk interior kit saga

After ordering over the phone from A&**CRAPP INTERIORS a complete interior kit for my car {seats with leather seating area only, everything else with the covers were matching vinyl, door panel material uppers- leather, bottom carpet for door and rear panels, console cover{vinyl} All pleats 1 inch supposedly Pleats on sides of the inserts were 1 1/2 to 1 3/4inch and inserts were not sewn in on center. Received in a timely manner, sent back, received again, sent back and lastly was graciously offered my money back. Actually the guy acted as though I didn't know what I was talking about after I had e- mailed him photos and sent him the console and original door panel uppers. Swore up and down he had the proper patterns from a Stude guy so I assumed he wasn't interested in correctness. He wasn't the sewer just the business owner. Just under $1200.00. refunded. Thank you. This kit is also sold by suppliers to the Stude hobby folk by another entity or two or three, They supply upholstery at cost cutting prices but supposedly not necessarily factory style but factory form fitting. Maybe so but their GT Hawk kit {advertised as identical but with sewn pleats: I wouldn't use even if it was free and wouldn't have it installed on my worst friends car. These suppliers have no association with Rene' or Phantom. Yesterday I was delighted with a kit prepared for me by Jim Lawrence {FBN UPHOLSTERY} New Martinsville West Virginia. This kit is completely leather and he assembled door panels, and covered the 60-61-62 style arm rests in leather for me also. His stuff {workmanship is impeccable} now my stuff and is EL PERFECTO. Holy Guacamole !!! you might say >>>>>> As good as it gets or >>>>It just doesn't get any better than this. Thanks Jim jimmijim PS you might consider this a plug for FBN Upholstery or me slammin the competition but so be it. Just my experience within the last 3 months. You rock Jim Lawrence

Reply to
jimmijim