'64 CDR radio

I still haven't dug deeply into my dash to find the cause of the radio volume changing a couple times a mnute. The antenna is plugged in, as are all the other connectors. I connected a additional speaker to the stock speaker leads, and the volume changes were in both speakers. Twisting the volume knob back and forth and tryuing to spray-clean it has made no impovement, other than what one might expect. Today, while waiting at the light, I snapped the antenna with my finger. The volume went to where it belongs. Then it dropped back a few minutes later. Another test and similiar results. Ditto many times thereafter.

Any ideas on how to make an automatic antenna snapper?

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Karl, either you've got a flaky antenna connection, or else there is a bad resistor or capacitor in the antenna circuit of the radio. Something that is allowing DC voltage on the antenna to build up and damp out the gain of the RF stage in the radio. Touching the antennna could dissipate the charge.

I'd try connecting a different antenna, and see if that helps.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

Or it could be a grounding problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 495 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
blacklarkviii