'64 commnder for sale by one-eyed owner

I've been going blind in one eye for decades,ow. That caused no problem when I was driving small cars, but the lack of depth perception caught up with me, finally. I was leaving a poorly-designed parking garage and managed to mess up the right side of my Commander (six w/ 3spd OD) at the B pillar. Obviously, the doors in the area need work, too.

The reason for writing this is that I can't work on my car here, due to small space in garage and need to be quiet. Just brakes, alternator, water pump and other simple "from the top" stuff. I need a small car to use as a daily driver - the Commander has been both my hobby car and DD for years now.

This one seems to be an original black-plate California car and it wouldn't be right to just let anybody have it. I may be the second "real owner, as it seems to have been owned for years by farming brothers in the Sacramento area and I bought it at the IM there in 2003 from the Karel Staple Chapter.

I've never driven it far, so won't swear that it will take you cross- country to Boston. The interior is fair, but someone owning a rusty car like this can have a good bodied running car into which to put his pristine interior, so will toss out the figure of $1500. If you can supply a good Corolla, Civic or such, hat can be part (or full?) payment...Karl 619-466-1529

Reply to
Karl Haas

sorry to hear about this Karl, and too bad you're all the way across the country... I'd be tempted but the shipping would double the cost for me.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

heh, that might be close to shipping anyway...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel