Adventures in Broadband... Sort of: Stude Content

After having been stuck with dial up for many years, Cricket wireless broadband finally began to cover my rural area a couple of months ago. It ain't blazin' fast but it sure beats dial up.

Anyway, tonight a friend sent me this email with a link on a company that is combining the design of '57/58/59 chebbyies and it is a decent effort. Link below:

So then I started thinking as he asked what Studebaker did that was noteworthy. First thing to come to mind was the Wagonaire retractable roof station wagon as it only took GM over four decades to do the same.

The GM effort, the GMC Envoy lived a short production life but a seller of one of these things mentioned in his ad on the Austin Craig's list the fact that Studebaker came up with the concept in 1963.

Here's a link to the Austin ad on Craig's:

(The seller wasn't smart enough to show a picture with the roof retracted)

And here's an interesting link on the early Studebaker ad for the Wagonaire:

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Ah leaks yes but only when it is open on a rainy day... Probably because it leaks

Reply to
Lansing

Probably mostly when the vehicle is in a down hill attitude.

Whoops... That be a common thing these heeyah days..

JT

Lans>

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

If so, they copied Studebaker exactly. I did come across something to the effect that Studebaker sent dealers a multi page tech note to change to an improved weatherstrip. No recalls back in them thar' days..

JT

Deepnhock wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire