Advice from the hard cores wanted..

Seems the clown who just dumped a neutral into my feedback without contacting me in any way is now posting on the forum. I sent him a very sharp (well, maybe evn a tad nasty) email and posted on the forum for him to check his email BEFORE I unload on the guy. I am quite pissed at the whole thing; if I made a mistake I would have rectified it...given a f*****g chance! Here is my auction.

0186387517What would you guys do? I am ready to toss hammers at this jerk.Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

I don't know about Champ trucks using this clock, but it is certainly a '61 Lark clock. The buyer has been buying '61 Lark stuff so I don't see what his problem is. Maybe you can appeal to eBay. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

The clock is certainly correct for '61 and '62 (white faced gauge) cars. Although not 100% correct, it would also fit the champ series.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

I could see you being this angry if he gave you a NEGATIVE feedback. Myself, I certainly wouldn't be upset over a 'neutral' feedback as he has given you. But that's just my opinion.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Parslow

That's kind of what I was thinking... if I'm buying and see the seller with

354 feedback and 100% (which doesn't change with a neutral) I don't even bother looking at his feedback details.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

If I made a mistake, then I would feel bad and would have refunded the clown's $$$ or whatever he wanted to do. Even if he just plain wasn't happy with it I would have done whatever he wanted. Obviously he owns a 61 Lark; that's what he says on the forum...the clock is correct. The part I can't handle is that this asshole didn't even bother to contact me. That arrogance deserves arrogance from ME as far as I'm concerned. I haven't left him feedback yet, I never do unless the buyer has examined it and is happy or satisfied in the deal. You can bet he will get a negative. BTW, he was slow in paying, too. Two weeks. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

I got a "neutral" feedback a few years ago and yes, it was a Studebaker person. Claimed that I did not respond but several emails to him went unanswered. I'll bet that I was being dumpted into his junk mail file...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Forgot to add his feedback comment... "Item was incorrectly listed for vehicle model." And that folks, is a copy and past direct quote. Maybe the jerk looked at the date stamped on the back of the thing and thought it was for a 60 or maybe he has the wrong dash or gauges...still doesn't matter, he should have said something. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

LOL, only been a day, Lee. I recon I've vented enough and he WILL get his negative. I didn't misrepresent the thing, I suppose I got so pissed because he basically called me a liar. If he had said it wasn't up to what he expected or believed from the pic and description I would feel different and if he contacted me with that I would have cheerfully refunded his $$. I can usually put up with an awful lot of shit before I get upset, this one just grabbed me. I knew that clock was as nice as they get for a used one and hard to find. It was the last item I would have expected a problem with. Poor thing went to a bad home Studebaker George (besides, Lee, I have seen you gripe on for MONTHS!)

Reply to
Studebaker George

I guess between reading it here, on another thread and on the SDC forum it just seems like 3 days. If your mind is set, what are you waiting for... give him the negative and move on. You got your money, he got his part... end of transaction.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

My initial thought - Neutral - and with a note about slow pay and neutral to you.

I got some great advice a while ago - NEVER EVER EVER send an email when you are upset.

Tomorrow -think about the repercussions - If negative feedback is called for, by all means go for it.

AFTER you have slept on it.

Mark (someday I will practice what I preach) Dunning

Reply to
Mark Dunning

You can always respond to any feedback and it's posted there right after the comment; I'm with Lee A - don't lose sleep over it - take the high road.

Reply to
Dan

George,

Why dignify a low life! It will change nothing. Certainly won't change the fellas low life comments. Enter a fact based reply to his feedback and get on with Ebay life.

On the other hand, if you feel that venting in such a manor will make things better for you, then flame his A$$ with a pointed negative feedback, and get ready for the flame reply to your feedback. Your flame reply to his flame reply and so on and so forth. I went through this, even when the buyer stupidly returned my uncashed payment and Ebay ruled in my favor, after I sent them a copy of the check, my letter to them and their return envelope! Nasty time.

Kinda like the fella a while back that wrote about a dead beat SDC'er that wouldn't pay for parts.

Reply to
64daytonaht

Obviously the guy is a moron. He emailed me and claimed the clock is for a Ford...yet he says he won't return it for a refund 'cause he doesn't trust me... Add this jerk to the list of do not do business with. I'm done save for leaving bad feedback, which I now will do having settled down a bit. I see he hasn't posted any more on the forum...wonder why... One last thing; in today's world of "political correctness" and fear of stepping on toes, not stepping forward and saying something about the clown's stupidity and arrogance is just adding to the general apathy in our world. I am sick and tired of getting crap work, crap parts, and bullshit like this. If I'm not getting done right, then I don't care whose toes I step on or whose parade I piss on, I'm going to tell them they suck and are full of crap. If you don't step forward and tell someone they are acting like an asshole, then they will continue to do so. And that includes ME of course as I can be every bit as arrogant an asshole as anyone... Studebaker George (quitting rants...at least for now)

Reply to
Studebaker George

Any one in the area who could pick it up for you and pay him the cash. Call his bluff, in other words

Reply to
Karl Haas

George,

Believe me when I tell you that your preaching to the choir. Being PC wasn't what I had in mind. You will recall that I'm one of those that will call a spade a spade in a heart beat. It wasn't to long ago that a flame war permeated this news group over just such. It changed very little, drove a lot of people away and created a lot of anamosity.

Trying to confront an asshole usually brings out the asshole in one's self. Stepping forward and telling someone they are acting like an asshole usually doesn't change that individuals out look. Most of the time, it does have an effect on others, though. It's kinda like the village idiot. Everyone thinks they know who it is, but really no one knows who it is until you join in and open your mouth, then everyone knows that it's you.

So, how about this? "Item is as described, what part of 100% refund did you not understand? Leave it at that and move on. No sense in getting on your ear over some little neutral feedback that has no effect on your ability to continue selling. Terminate the guy in other ways. Challenge him to a duel of honor, pistols, or swords. Kill file him and block him from bidding on your future listings. Black list him by telling others who he is, provide facts, and let them do the same. Heck, if you really feel he deserves it, send him some black roses, seeded with maggots. Send him a black card containing a smelly pair of ole brown streaked boxers every year on the anniversary of the dirty deed.

Keep this up until one of you blinks. Either he has a heart attack, or you do. I suppose you could say you made your point, if he blinks, first, and dies! Of course, if you blink first, then what are we to think?

Reply to
64daytonaht

I'm over it; way to busy too let it eat me up for TOO long I will leave him some kind of neutral and a response to his stupid comment. Too bad he isn't HERE, as I could do what I did with the last jerk that got under my skin. I threw him out of the shop and told him not to come back. He hasn't, I'm happier. In all my years of working on cars for a living I have only done that three times. Life is too short and when they get that bad kick 'em to the curb. Fortunately, these clowns are rare in the world of Studebakers, at least in my experience. Now, the Corvette and Caddy guys..... Studebaker George (seller of counterfeit Studebaker clocks made from Ford units)

Reply to
Studebaker George

Atta boy...BTW how many Ford Clocks you got left?

Dave B.

Reply to
mcavanti

Now that's just plain mean!

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

Look for many more to come! Since the last forgery went for good $$$ I plan on getting rich selling these things to unsuspecting Studebaker novices...(evil grin)... Studebaker George (hmmm..maybe I can sell a few to the 'Vette and Caddy guys..)

Reply to
Studebaker George