Ahhhh... The Quiet Rural Life....... BOOM!

Came back to the house yesterday... (We are on a quiet rural sand road) Get about 250' from my drive and there's this black thing laying in the road.....with my name on it... Uh oh... Look at the mailbox. What mailbox. Idjits blew it up.

Found the front lid a hundred foot up the driveway. Glad the horse was in the back pasture. And it was a real 'sturdy' old fashioned mailbox... Called the Sheriff, and he sent out a deputy to 'write a report'. Notified the postmaster, who told me to call the sheriff. Hopefully it was just a prank, but I wanted it on the record if there were others damaged.... Fortunately, I had an extra mailbox from my place in Illinois... (CASO baby...never throw out a perfectly good mailbox... Had it all fixed better than new in an hour.... Durned kids...... Jeff

Reply to
DEEPNHOCK

Obviously someone had a hankering for puffed rice!

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

Wow! Around here all they do is mash them with baseball bats (though someone years ago shot mine with a shotgun and one time I opened it to find a very angry black rat snake).

Reply to
Paul Johnson

My theory is that a few odds things started to happen a few days ago. . . maybe beginning with Ted's accident (or was it) then the SDC forum site was hacked. Then Jeff's mailbox. . . was taken out. Maybe it was the work of ex-Studebaker/Chrysler employee going postal or someone on the SDC forum has a issue with a few people. So I would be watching out opening our mail boxes when the next turning wheels come around. Who knows what could happen. . .

Or it could be just Jeff's neighbor kid getting even with him because he forgot to take him for a ride in old yellow.

As for me I'm having a neighbor kid open my mail box and get my mail for me until after my next copy of Turning Wheels come in.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtier

That's why I maintain a PO box and receive no mail at my physical address. Don't even have a mailbox.

I think that a PO Box is more secure as well.

Just my 2¢ worth...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire