An inconvenient Truth (OT)

Like I said tell that to National Geographic. They have a program on TV in which they say the Vikings died out because they were unwilling to change their way of living on Greenland, or move away, as the area cooled and became glacial. Who ever said it was ALL green? LOL

. mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Those who what to believe Al Gore should know he once said the El Nino was caused by the warn air from global warning LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Actually I'm am a retired engineer who teaches on occasion. Remember Chryslers Fluid Drive? ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Bingo!!!

But of course a large industry is forming to do just that... Change the outcome. And when such micro bureaucracies are born, nothing is able to stop them as well.

It certainly makes a lot more sense to reduce the impact by "adjusting" as required.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

OK, Which friggin' government agency gave the dinosaurs manuals and birth control devices, and how to use them??? Jeff (Proof reader extraordinaire!) Rice

"Mike Hunter" wrotet...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Uh, the returning of cooled tropical air is known as cold/occluded fronts. All have their origins in the polar regions and work their way south by virtue of gravity/displacement. This past winter, most of the real cold air descended on Europe and Asia big time...

JT

Grumpy AuContraire

Bingo, my ass. Amazing how you guys ignored my posted explanation of the 400 years cited in the NAS report. Again, they could only go back

400 years with certa> Gord>

Reply to
John Poulos

BTW, that HUGE ocean current that travels n in the atlantic, then sinks around between Greenland?? its almost STOPPED.. some of the folks are a bit worried how cold europe will get when it does TOTALLY..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Yes--

Alex Magdaleno

Knowing how often you get things wrong, I would bet he was more specific than that, but even that statement would be true as far as it goes. Hot air rising does cause El Nino, as the following page shows. The hot air is caused by the hotter than normal ocean--

Alex Magdaleno

Thanks! That site explained it very well. (But they do give some credit to the earth's rotation, as well) Jeff

"Alex Magdaleno" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
John Poulos

Not true, here's the science again

Alex Magdaleno

Google is great for answering questions. I typed in "causes of el nino" and this came up--

Alex Magdaleno

My opinion and all of sciences opinion. You really ought to do some research if you don't want to keep getting shot down. And I have never disputed you fact that hurricanes are necessary, only what the source of wind was and what is causing them to be worse.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Apparently you missed the several refrerences to the National Academy of Science. They get no extra money for finding out the truth about global warming and thus they have no ax to grind. Al Gore has no sway over their report. They work for the Bush Government, not the Gore government. The people with and ax to grind and money at stake are the ones putting out the bullshit opposition,

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

YOU did --"During the time of the Vikings, in the eleventh century, that area was ALL green, that is why they gave it the name GREENLAND. ;)"

And I take National Geographic and read the article. It did not cool and "become" glacial, it just got enough colder that the summers were too short to support a farming economy.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Great... now wikipedia is a valid source... the National Enquier of encyclopedias.

Lee

Lee Aanderud

Yes it is... I just typed in 'Causes for dumb posts' into Google and here is what I got as the number one reply...

2 If I'm lying, I'm dying Jeff

"Alex Magdaleno" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice
4 degrees on average makes a huge difference in some local areas. We are seeing big changes in weather from about 1 degree change in the last century. I have heard of the less oxygen theory for dinosaur extinction.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno